Christmas Holidays Make Up

Happy holidays!!! :) It is really nice to relax a bit and do nothing and see my family again. :) Nevertheless, I wanted to share my Christmas make up and tell you about the products I used, so let's get started.

First I applied my moisturizer (La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat, ~14 €), then I waited 10 min before applying my liquid foundation (Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation in Vanilla, ~17 €), followed by concealer (Catrice Camouflage Cream in 010 Ivory) application on any discolored parts of my face and light-reflecting concealer for covering under-eye darkness (Bourjois Healthy Mix Illuminating Brush Concealer, ~11 €). 

I set my foundation with Catrice All Matt Plus – Shine Control Powder in 010 Transparent (~4 €). I used Sleek Face Form Kit in Fair 372 (~13 €) for contouring, highlighting and I used the blush that comes inside (link to my post). 

On a photo below you can see my eye make-up, I wanted to play with golden/earthy tones and I absolutely adore eyeliners so I came up with a simple, subtle Christmas look. The products I used were:
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 palette (~45 €), specifically the following shades: YDK, SUSPECT, HALF BAKED, CHOPPER
  • L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in BLACKEST BLACK (~12 €)
  • Yves Rocher eyeliner in Gold (~4 €)
  • Yves Rocher 3-in-1 Eye Pencil in 08 Blanc (~4 €)
  • DIOR Diorshow Black Out Waterproof Mascara (~25 €)
I used lighter shades of UD palette all over the lid, the lightest in the inner corner of the eye, and darker ones in the crease. I applied the Yves Rocher 3-in-1 Eye Pencil in 08 Blanc on the waterline, the L'Oreal eyeliner in outer corner and Yves Rocher eyeliner in the inner upper corner of the eye. To form my eyebrows I used the Catrice Eye Brow Set in 010 (~4 €).

On my lips I had L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée lipstick in J Lo's Nude (~12 €), which I would use during the day, and I would exchange it for a darker color for a night out.


I would also like to mention the Maybelline Color Show Brocades nail polish in Knitted Gold or Gilded Gold (it is called differently depending on a country). I really like the rich and thick texture consisting of tiny and big pink and rose glitter. Honestly, it is one of the most beautiful nail polishes I've ever seen and on top of that extremely cheap - only ~2 €.


I hope you're enjoying this time of the year, regardless of celebrating Christmas or not. I would like to know which make up products you are using during this time of the year and which ones you are planning to use for the New Years eve! :)

All the best,
~Anelei

2 comments:

  1. LRP Effaclar Mat moisturizer - just using my second one, though it's a bit expensive. It does the best job with mattifying of all the ones I've tried up to now, but about the skin hydrating, I'm a Hipp Zartcreme lover. <3 Naked Palette - drooling, I bet they're worth the money. But I'm most interested in Yves Rocher eyeliner - review maybe? Are you satisfied with their decorative cosmetics in general? I'm also an eyeliner lover, gathered some courage to start wearing coloured ones. I wear green or purple (besides black, ofcourse) for now, playing on the safe side with them complimenting my eye colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started using LRP, and so far I am happy - I actually feel my skin getting better. As for the Naked palette, that was a gift and so far the most expensive thing I own! <3 The quality is great, but I think Sleek things are pretty close (maybe the durability is not the same, but the pigmentation is). Yves Rocher, hmmm, I am not the biggest fan of their decorative cosmetic, as they are not pigmented nor durable (eye shadows), but I do like some of their mascaras (the waterproof one) and waterproof eye pencils. This liquid eyeliner was super cheap and does the job, although not the greatest quality. I will maybe do the brand review soon and list all the Yves Rocher products I own. :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete