Sleek Make Up

Today is a productive day! I have purchased a lot of make-up products recently and since some of the products I got are from Sleek, I just decided to present all the Sleek products I own and give you my opinion about the brand in general.

A year ago I bought my first Sleek palette: iDivine Storm 578 - I was in London and I saw it in Superdrug and for £7.99 it seemed very cheap. I was immediately astonished by the pigmentation of one of the eye shadows and I couldn't resist buying it. In general, they are mineral based shadows; you get 12 of them, each containing 1.1g (0.03oz). Yes, it means that 1 eye shadow costs less than £1 or 1 €, which I was completely thrilled about. Anyway, I got really excited and with time I purchased more Sleek products. At the moment I have 2 eye shadow palettes, 1 blush, 1 lipstick and Face Form Kit (bronzer, highlighter and a blush combo).


First I want to mention my 1-year old iDivine Storm 578 palette - great color range, from light to dark colors. From 12 eye shadows, 9 are shimmery and 3 are matte (which is also visible from their names: Metallic vs. Matte). In general, color payoff is great, especially with shimmery eye shadows. Matte ones are not that pigmented, but I am not bothered with that at all. While applying them you can expect a bit of fallout, but I have the feeling that all highly pigmented eye shadows have the same problem. In my opinion, great palette to have, as you can do whole variety of looks - from everyday to strong smokey eyes, and what is most important it works well with different complexions and eye colors.





My other palette is iDivine Vintage Romance 141. Since Sleek products are not represented in German drugstores, I order them in Amazon. This palette was 9.99 € (without shipping expenses). Again, everything I said for the Storm palette is valid for this one too: great color payoff, nice range of colors - especially for autumn and winter. I have green/grey eyes and plum/rose/golden tones are perfect for me, so I really wanted to buy this palette and so far I haven't regret it. I also think the colors could work well with every eye color and complexion - it just depends on personal preferences. And the eye shadow names are so romantic! <3




Finally, I have swatches of Face Form Kit in Fair 372, Blush Antique 142 and Coral Reef 772 Lipstick. The Face Form Kit was 12.99 €, the lipstick was 5.99 € and the blush was 5.49 €. What can I say, I like everything! The lipstick has a great texture, not drying, not chalky, just great. The color I have is great for late spring and summer, I was wearing it quite a lot in the past warm months. The Face Form Kit is perfect, I adore Rose Gold blush, especially if combined with the already mantioned lipstick. Bronzer is not too dark, matte and overall very nice for contouring. Highlighter also does the job and it can be used as an eye shadow as well. The Blush Antique is very nice as well, very elegant and appropriate for autumn/winter. I like the "toned-down", antique finish it leaves.


Overall, I really like Sleek products and I will continue to buy them as they are inexpensive and reliable. I only own a few of them, but I can already say I trust the brand to perform - especially within the eye shadow and blush domain. A funny side note on the eye shadow palettes - they are exactly the same size as my mobile phone (Sony Xperia Z) and not once happened that I was answering my palette instead of my phone! :D Talking about "sleek" design! :)

Vintage Romance palette and Blush Antique I bough together a few days ago and I am just finishing the post with the photo of the original packaging they were shipped in.


And not to forget, today is the first Advent day for those celebrating Christmas. I enjoy Christmas very much, so I want to share my festive mood with the photos of my small Christmas decoration and gingerbread cookies I prepared last night!



Do you use anything from Sleek? Would you recommend it?
~Anelei




2 comments:

  1. The amount of Sleek reviews I've read the past week are making me lose my mind over it! It means only one thing: It's definitely time for ordering! :) Wishlist for the moment: Au Naturel Palette, Ultra Matte V2 Dark (I think it's my first choice, I'm in love that with green and purple eyeshadow!), and Trio Blusher in Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes! They are really great! I will definitely get more with time, but now I just want to buy different brands and try out! :)

      Delete