Goodbye Autumn, Winter is coming

Hi everyone! Although we are half way through the Winter, I've been meaning to write this "Goodbye Autumn, Winter's here" post for some time now. And what better way to do this transition with buying make up products appropriate for both Autumn and Winter, right? :)

I purchased quite a lot of Catrice products and the more I used them, the more satisfied I am with them - they are good quality products, especially having in mind the prices. Below are the photos of the products I am featuring:
  • Catrice Wet Shine Stain in C01 Innocent (3,95 €)
  • Catrice Wet Shine Stain in C02 Thrilling (3,95 €)
  • Catrice Velvet Metal Eyeshadow in C02 Ex Pistols (3,25 €)
  • p2 Perfect Color Lipliner in 050 Glamour Diva (1,95 €)
  • p2 Matte Deluxe Lipstick in 050 Glamour Diva (2,95 €)


The Catrice Wet Shine Stains are really what their names say: Wet Shine Stains. I've read some blog posts about people not being happy with them: they're messy to apply and sticky and overall not that great. I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. True, they are sticky and tacky and a bit messy, but they are essentially something between a lip gloss and a lipstick, therefore they just have to be a bit sticky and tacky and messy. If you apply them with your fingers you get a sheer stain, which you would also get from more expensive products similar to these lip stains. If you want more coverage, I would suggest using a lipstick underneath and applying the stain again very lightly on top. I used them on their own as well and applied them with the sponge tip that comes with the product and if you are careful and light-handed you can get a nice finish, especially if you combine it with a lip pencil. The only problem you can have is if you apply too much product - you will look like you've had a very greasy meal (and I assume you don't want that). :D

A gem among these products is definitely the Catrice Velvet Metal Eyeshadow in C02 Ex Pistols. I never used Catrice eyeshadows before and I am starting to regret that. I really really really liked this one - with an eyeshadow primer it can last a lot longer than on its own, without creasing. I used it during the Christmas holidays a lot and I also like using it lightly on everyday basis combined with a lot of mascara. The texture is similar to their Liquid Metal eyeshadows which I also recently purchased - sort of dry but creamy at the same time. This eyeshadow is super shimmery and appropriate for any party look. Indeed, a great product!

Finally, 2 lip products from p2: Perfect Color Lipliner and Matte Deluxe Lipstick both in 050 Glamour Diva. Again, I know p2 isn't available everywhere and to be honest, I think it is just available in Germany, but there are colors similar to these ones everywhere. Both lipstick and lip pencil are in the same shade, which is deep burgundy to slightly purple. I really liked the shade, so I decided to purchase them. The lipstick is matte and a bit dry. It can look cakey on your lips if you have dry, chapped lips, so I would suggest to use a peeling and a lip balm before applying this product. What I do is to apply a tiny amount of lip gloss in a similar color (e.g. Yves Rocher Lip Gloss in 41 Mûre (3,95 €)) and then it looks much better.

The swatches are below (without and with flash) and I have a very bad picture (sorry about that) of my lips featuring p2 Perfect Color Lipliner and Matte Deluxe Lipstick both in 050 Glamour Diva with a bit of Yves Rocher Lip Gloss in 41 Mûre. I hope you can at least appreciate the nice burgundy shade!





Hope you find it useful! Enjoy the Sunday - I think I'll try to hit the gym (part of my New Year resolutions)... What have you purchased lately?
~Anelei



No comments:

Post a Comment