November Make Up Haul


Last Saturday I went to Frankfurt and I did a bit of shopping, so I'd like to share my initial thoughts on the products I bought. I am also adding some of the product I bought beforehand here in Heidelberg, because they were purchased in November as well! :) So here we go!

In Frankfurt I bought mainly Nyx Cosmetics products in Douglas. I've never seen them in Heidelberg or in Croatia, so I thought this is a great opportunity to buy them. I heard a lot of good things about Nyx from other bloggers and I always try to buy something new and different.

The first item I will mention is Doll Eye Mascara which costs 9,99 € here in Germany. I was attracted to it because it has smaller brush than my other mascaras and because it is waterproof. Now, I started using waterproof mascaras a year ago, the reason being my super-sensitive and watery eyes which was resulting in a so-called "panda" effect by the end of each day. I liked the packaging a lot, as well as the look of the brush, but I am not very satisfied with the formula. I used it twice so far, so this is not a definitive verdict, but it doesn't seem to be build-able (you can't put layers and layers like with some other mascaras). Additionally, once it is dry - it is DRY, and if you add more coats you end up having toothpicks instead of lashes. I have the feeling the consistency is gel-like and it is wrapping around the lashes as you are putting it on, so once you want to take it off, it sort of peels off in flakes. I am used to building layers of mascara, so I will likely have to learn how to use this one which dries really fast and doesn't allow multiple coats. On the positive note, it is definitely very waterproof (I was slicing onions while having it on and it didn't move or budge at all while crying like crazy :) ).


    



Next, I bought the Love in Florence eye shadow palette in LIF07 Prima Donna. Again the price is 9,99 €. I liked the colors a lot, since the plumy/burgundy shades really complement green/grey eyes, especially combined with champagne/taupe colors also featured in the same palette. The color payoff is light-medium (it is definitely not pigmented as, say, Sleek eye shadows or even Catrice eye shadows), but they seem to be build-able. They do look very shimmery, to some degree even glittery, but this is not that obvious on eyelids. The packaging looks very cheap, it is made of a plastic and as you can see on the photos I made, it really gets stained easily with fingerprints.




The final two Nyx products I'll write about are two jumbo pencils, Jumbo Eye Pencil in 624A Rocky Mountain Green and Glam Shadow Stick in GSS03 Glistening Emerald Émeraude. They are both beautiful greens, one forest green and the other emerald green. Since the palette I bought seemed quite autumny, I wanted something Chrismassy as well, ergo green/red. I haven't tried them yet, but they both seem very smooth and easy to work with and it looks like they would really serve well as an eye shadow primer. The Jumbo eye pencil costs 5,49 € and the Glam Shadow Stick 5,99 €.



And to conclude with Frankfurt make up shopping, I bought these very cheap false eyelashes in Primark. They were only 1,50 €. As I am wearing contacts or glasses all the time, I am not a biggest fan of fake lashes, but if careful enough, one could wear them for a glamorous occasions, such as New Year's eve.


A few weeks ago I also purchased a few lip products in DM and Müller. The lip pencils are from Essence and they cost only 0,99 €. I really like them - they are of a softer consistency, making them really easy to use (if you put them in a fridge they can become harder, which is useful for warm climates and summer times). The colors I got are 06 Satin Mauve, 07 Cute Pink and 11 In The Nude. I was looking for pink and nude tones to complement a few lipsticks and lip stains that I own.



The 11 In The Nude works quite good with the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée lipstick in J Lo's Nude. The lipstick costs 11,95 € and although it is a bit expensive, I have to say I'm in love with it. It is just a perfect nude color. I don't have J. Lo's skin tone, but I've read in other blog posts that it looks good on a fairer complexions as well, so I decided to give it a try. The lipstick itself is very creamy, very rich and moisturizing. It has a bit of smell which reminds me of the old lipsticks my mom used when I was a kid. The packaging also looks quite luxurious and overall great. Perfect for the everyday wear.





And finally, the last November product I bought so far is the p2 Mirror Mirror On The Wall nail polish in 010 Sensual Purple. Initially I was drawn to this product due to the burgundy sheen you can see on the picture below. Although I love p2 nail polishes, I was disappointed to discover that the resulting color is just plain shimmery purple (without this beautiful red/burgundy sheen). I do like it as it is, but I really wanted a rich Christamassy color, which this nail polish doesn't have (this could be also due to the fact that I used a top coat, but usually the colors are not different). It costs 2,25 € and it is the same quality as other p2 nail polishes.





As you can see on the pictures, at the moment I am wearing a nice red nail polish, also from p2. It is from their Color Victim line in 650 Fever - i is obvious that I am really getting into whole winter/Christmas mood! :)

I'd like to know what are your November favorites and if you also had a chance to try these products...
~Anelei




5 comments:

  1. Nice shopping! I'm interested in NYX products, but haven't had the chance to come across to any of them yet. I'd like to try out Jumbo pencil in Milk and lipsticks, but I'm a bit sceptical about ordering from ebay. About Essence lip pencils, I owe 04 Honey Bun and 07 Cute Pink I think and they don't get along very well with my natural lip colour so I'm dissapointed :/ But Look by Bipa pencils - strong reccomendations, they're great! My product of the month is Essence lipstick in 06 Barely there! because I've finally found a shade that gets along with my lip colour and my complexion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading the post and commenting! I really appreciate that! I also just discovered NYX, so I am not sure which product to recommend. I saw that people love their lipsticks, so I might try them as well. Where are you from? (I am sure there are other ways to get them, not just eBay). As for the lip pencils, it definitely depends on the lip color. At least Essence is cheap, so I don't feel bad if a product is not suited for me. I have a problem with p2 lip liners - in general, I love their products, but the two lip liners I own make me look like a corpse.. :( Here in Germany we don't have Bipa, but I'll go there in December, once I am back in Croatia. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm also a Croat as well :D No NYX in Cro. Actually there was a webshop over Facebook, but also kept me sceptical. I also read good reviews of p2 cosmetics. I hope they'll come to our drugstores.
    My makeup collection, skills and knowledge are minimal, but I enjoy reading beauty blogs and buying good products. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretpostavljala sam, ali nisam bila sigurna! :) Pogledaj si na: http://www.forum.hr/showthread.php?t=411106&page=142
      Vidjela sam da cure narucuju NYX - ima ga i na Amazonu (nisam sigurna kako sad to funkcionira s obzirom da smo usli u EU, ali narucivanje preko Amazona je stvarno pouzdano, vecinu Sleek sminke sam tako narucila). I da zavrsim na engleskom, it is not about the collection, skills or knowledge - it's about PASSION! :)

      Delete
  3. Amazon jos moram istraziti, zasad sam narucivala s iHerba i Beautybaya. Sleek cu navjerojatnije naruciti s njihove sluzbene stranice, iako su od nedavno dostupni i na jednom hrvatskom webshopu, ali sa postarinom pa je ipak skuplje. Keep up the good work! (Y)

    ReplyDelete