L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Advanced Correcting Serum

Important ingredient in the new L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Serum is LR2412, a molecule that caused quite a hype in the beauty industry. Vichy Idealia Serum and Lancôme Visionnaire contain exactly the same molecule, which is not surprising having in mind that L'Oreal owns both Vichy and Lancôme. 

LR2412 is essentially a derivate of jasmonic acid able to penetrate human skin (original form of jasmonic acid is too large). L'Oreal's researches successfully managed to fold the molecule so that it could efficiently enter the skin on the 2412th time, and the LR2412 has been born.

In plants, jasmonic acid has a role regulating plant responses to stress as well as plant growth and development. It has an important role in response to wounding of plants and systemic acquired resistance (protection from insects). The researches recognized the anti-aging and skin regeneration potential of the jasmonic acid and therefore they promise that LR2412 can repair age-related skin disorders, strengthen the structure of the skin and improve its elasticity.

L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Advanced Correcting Serum is essentially the budged version of Vichy Idealia Serum and even fancier Lancôme Visionnaire. The packaging looks nice with the bright pink color and in general has a more expensive feel to it than the other drug store brands. It reminds me of the L'Oreal Paris Infallible make-up line. I also like the fact that it has a pump which is in my opinion the most hygienic way to get the product out of the bottle (as you can see below).




The product feels rich and has a strong smell, almost smells like a feminine version of aftershave. I like it, but I know some people have a general problem with strong smells in cosmetic products. Also, it contains very fine light-reflecting particles, as you can see below. They are indeed very fine and they should brighten up the complexion. 

Without Flash
With Flash
Once the product is absorbed, it leaves the skin very soft and moisturized. I have an oily skin, so for me it is very important not to use very oily products. This serum hydrates my skin without leaving it greasy and shiny. It also brightens my complexion and from my experience it serves as a very good "primer" before using a foundation or BB-cream. 
Without Flash
With Flash
I have been using it now for almost 3 weeks and even though I see some advantages, I don't notice the promised improvement of my skin. My pores are not smaller, I have breakouts as before and I don't see my fine lines disappearing, but overall the state of my skin is not worse than before. Overall, I would give it the 3.5/5 because it is not a greasy product, but it also doesn't do wonders!

If someone is interested, here is a full list of ingredients:
ALCOHOL DENAT., AQUA / WATER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, LINALOOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE, BHT, COUMARIN, BENZYL BENZOATE, GERANIOL, CITRONELLOL, LIMONENE, CI 17200 / RED 33, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5

Compared to general drugstore products, this serum is a bit more expensive and it costs 15,99 € for 30mL on, which is still a lot cheaper than Vichy Idealia Serum (31,40 € for 30mL) or Lancôme Visionnaire (79,95  € for 30mL).

Hope you find this review useful! Did you have the opportunity to try any of the products containing LR2412? I'd be curious to find out how do you like it.
~Anelei





No comments:

Post a Comment