Her Royal Majesty - The Naked 2 Palette

Here it goes, I'll try to describe and review a product that I am absolutely in love with! This is my Urban Decay (UD) Naked 2 palette story... :)

End of last year I visited Paris for the first time in my life and of course I had to visit the biggest Sephora ever in Champs-Élysées. I felt like Alice in Wonderland... SO many products, Chanel, Dior, MAC... I didn't know where to start looking! :D


While I spent most of my time just strolling around completely mesmerized, I somehow managed to end up at the Urban Decay (UD) counter several times. Because of that reason, my boyfriend concluded that I really like those palettes and he said to choose one, as he decided to get one for me...

After asking couple of time if he is sure, because they are not cheap (45 EUR), he gave me a green light and I only had to choose between Naked 1 or Naked 2. 

In the end (after 10 min of swatching them and going back and forth) I decided to go for the Naked 2, since I thought the color range is better (gold - silver) and it had more neutral and taupe colors which I didn't have in my collection. Also, you can get any kind of look with this one, from very refined neutral look to a more extreme, smokey look.


So now that I own one, what do I think about it... 

Well, what to say...? These eye shadows are just amazing. The texture is buttery, creamy, the shades are very pigmented and true to their color. There are three matte (Foxy, Tease and Carbon), the rest are shimmery or satin/frosty finish.

I'd maybe prefer half matte and half shimmery palette, but I am overall happy with this one, since the quality is superb.


There are 12 eye shadows inside a metal case (1.5g of product each). The case is a bit bulky, but very firm and it feels very sturdy. From left to right shades are:

FOXY - Cream bisque with matte finish (pale beige).
HALF BAKED - Golden bronze shimmer (metallic gold).
BOOTYCALL - Shimmering cork (frosty off white with a slight peachy pink undertone).
CHOPPER - Copper shimmer with silver micro glitter.
TEASE - Creamy pale brown with a matte finish (mauve brown).
SNAKEBITE - Dark metallic bronze shimmer.
SUSPECT - Pale golden beige shimmer (champagne).
PISTOL - Light grey/brown shimmer (somewhere between a taupe, dirty silver, and a brown).
VERVE - Oyster shimmer (very pale warm silver with a frost finish).
YDK - Cool bronze metallic shimmer.
BUSTED - Deep brown shimmer.
BLACKOUT - Blackest black with matte finish.


Below you can see the swatches with and without flash (without any primer). As you can notice, they are extremely pigmented and easy to work with. They are easy to apply and blend with the brush that comes with the palette. Also, I got a small neutral/pink UD lip gloss together with it. Not something I would buy on my own, but it is a nice add-on (I would prefer the UD primer potion which comes with Naked 1).



That's it - nothing more to add. I would definitely recommend it if you have some money and you don't know where to spend it. :D If not, a decent replacement would be any of the Sleek palettes - maybe iDivine in Storm. I actually carried that one with me when I was travelling to the US, because it was smaller and I wouldn't feel so bad if I lost it or damaged it. They are very cheap but a comparable quality to UD palettes.

I leave you with a couple of pictures from Paris! I hope you like the post as well as the photos and (as always) if you have any comments or suggestions, leave them below.

Hugs,
~Anelei 

Basilique du Sacré Cœur

La Tour Eiffel

Moulin Rouge

Pont Neuf

No comments:

Post a Comment