Valentine's Day: Spice It Up

A quick one - Valentine's Day is approaching and although I believe every day should be a Valentine's Day if you are spending it with a loved one, I wanted to suggest some of the "red" colored products to spice things up a bit. Personally I would pick soft pink tones over reds for a romantic day date but for a night date I'd always go for spicy red hues.

I have to confess, I have too many red nail polishes, but one of my favorite red varnish is definitely Essie Lacquered Up 678. This is indeed a true red color, the texture is creamy and overall the varnish is of a very good quality, as well as the other Essie nail polishes. 


Here you can see how it looks like with 2 layers and a top coat applied. I have to say it lasted the whole week and since it is a very classy and classic color, it goes very well with whatever style you're into. I think it would be perfect for a romantic dinner paired with a subtle pin-up look (black eyeliner, red lip) - just to spice things up a bit! ;)


For a lipstick, I would choose NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Eros because it is goes very well with Essie Lacquered Up. One extra benefit is that this shade can be toned down, so that you don't need to do touch-ups all the time. On the photo below you can see that it can look quite "natural", depending on how you use it. If you apply it with a light touch it will still be red, but not as strong as the true color of the lipstick. The texture is creamy, the color is very close to true red, but has a slight orange tint. It is not superb in terms of lasting, but it will also not move too much. Again, for a night out with your loved one, I would not go for a strong and bold red lip, but rather something toned down, as you might expect some cuddling, hugging and kissing... :) 


Hope you find this post interesting and useful! Let me know in a comment!
~Anelei

No comments:

Post a Comment