Brushes #5: Zoeva Classic Eye Set

Hello world! Long time no see... Last year was just so busy and tough for me - from defending my PhD, organizing a few scientific events and writing a scientific article together with a job... Also, I wasn't feeling good in general and was exhausted from everything. I just decided to wait until the end of 2015 to start properly breathing again. Hopefully 2016 will be better and hopefully it will introduce some positive changes into my life: a new job, a new horizon and more time for myself! On that note, let's dig into all things related to make-up.

First on my menu this lovely cold Sunday afternoon is Zoeva Classic Eye Set - a set of 6 brushes made for eye-shadow application that come in a black clutch, which you could use as a purse. It costs 35-38 € here in Germany (depending where you buy it, at www.zoeva-shop.de it is 35 € and in Douglas parfümerie, where I got it, it is 37.99 €). Independent brushes together would cost 43.80 € (based on prices from Zoeva website), so it is definitely worth it if you would use all of the brushes featured.


What does Zoeva say for this set:
  • Exclusive selection of 6 essential eye brushes made of both, natural and synthetic bristles
  • Including ZOEVA Brush Clutch Small
  • Must-have basics for your eye makeup
The set includes:
  • 227 Luxe Soft Definer: Softly blend and smooth eyeshadow (independent brush 7.80 €)
  • 231 Luxe Petit Crease: Accentuating and blending in the crease (independent brush 7.80 €)
  • 234 Luxe Smoky Shader: Shading and blennding with smoky effect (independent brush 7.80 €)
  • 315 Fine Liner: Precise application of eyeliner products (independent brush 6.80 €)
  • 317 Wing Liner: Detailed eyeliner strokes and a perfect wing (independent brush 6.80 €)
  • 322 Brow Line: Eyebrow brush for powder and cream products (independent brush 6.80 €)

And I completely agree! I love these brushes! They are well-made, they do their job and they are easy to clean and maintain! The 227 is very similar to the M.A.C. 217 and I use them interchangeably to both pack the color and blend it on the lid. The 231 is great for defining the crease and subtle blend and I use it more than any other brush I have when doing the cut crease look or packing the shadow in the crease (which I can then further blend with 227). The 234 is great to pack the eye shadow or smudge the eyeliner and it works great for packing the shimmery or glittery shades on the lid. Both the 315 and the 317 I use when I apply gel eyeliners (the 315 if I want a very delicate thin line, the 317 for a thicker line). The 317 I absolutely adore, it is the best angled liner brush I ever had (much better than Inglot 31T brush I have). Finally, the 322 I don't use as much, but it comes in handy when all my pencil brushes are dirty. I don't use it for filling in the brows, as I prefer thinner and less stiff brushes (such as the aforementioned 317), but I use it to put and smudge the eyeshadow on my upper or lower lash line as well as for smudging eyeliner and eye pencil.


Overall I am happy with my purchase, especially as I got it with 20 € discount (I exchanged my miles from Miles and More for a Douglas voucher), so I paid 17.99 € for the complete set! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who uses eye make-up on daily basis. If you plan to use 1-2 brushes from this set, get only those. I don't think it is necessary to get the whole set. You can also get the set and keep brushes you plan to use and use the rest as gifts for friends and family (I often do that with sets).


Hope you like the post! And I hope we will hang out more often here in future (I'll do my best to keep writing, at least once a week)... 

Finishing this post with wise words written on Zoeva brushes:

COLOR. LOVE. MAKEUP.

Everything you really need in life! :)

Hugs,

~Anelei



No comments:

Post a Comment