Pandora bracelet, charms and similar - What to expect?

Hello everyone! Today I want to talk about a piece of jewelry (this week no make-up, bear with me) that means so much and more to me... Yes, this blog post will be about Pandora bracelet and beautiful charms that accompany the whole idea of collecting memorabilia.

Now, I'm not going to lie, I really wanted to have a Pandora bracelet and several charms for the longest amount of time, but of course I didn't find any pleasure in buying it myself. Since I had my PhD defense a bit more than a month ago, I knew that I will get it as my boyfriend indicated he wants to get one for me. He wanted to make sure it will fit correctly, so he preferred me to come with him and pick the one we both liked. Although he initially wanted to get the one with heart closing clip, they didn't have it in my size at the time so we opted for standard Pandora closing clip. As my wrist's circumference is 16cm, the lady in the Pandora store recommended 18cm long bracelet (she said 2cm difference is what they usually recommend). 

The price for a standard Pandora silver bracelet is 59€, but it can vary a lot if you want to get a golden bracelet or a bracelet made of mixed materials such as leather. Pandora jewelry comes in thes elegant white boxes with subtle 'Pandora' inscription on top.


Again, I am not going to lie, since I got my bracelet and several charms, which you'll see below, I kind of became obsessed and wanted to make my bracelet slightly 'richer' looking. As you might know, Pandora charms can be a bit on an expensive side, so of course I wanted to do a bit of research to see if there are cheaper alternatives out there. And of course, there are! :) One of the companies that seemed legit and had (IMHO) visually appealing jewelry was Soufeel. After a week of thinking and reading reviews, I decided to give it a go and purchase several items. Soufeel jewelry comes also in a nice packaging, with white box and baby-blue bow.


On the photo below you can see my Pandora bracelet with several Pandora and Soufeel charms. I bet on the first glance you wouldn't be able to distinguish them from each other. The quality seems comparable, but the prices are quite different. 


I've been wearing this bracelet for more than a month every single day. The last charms I've received 15 days ago. I washed my hands with soap and water and wasn't paying too much attention on the bracelet itself. I didn't see any discoloration or fading in color/shine in either of the two brands.

I have read tons of reviews on both of the companied and their products. I've seen posts where people claim their clips got broken, stones fell off and even silver faded. And these posts I've seen for both Pandora and Soufeel jewelry. Now, both companies claim their jewelry is made from 925 silver which should be of the highest quality. Soufeel does indicate on the packaging that their jewelry is silver-plated copper, but they claim to do it to reduce shipping and customs fees. The items themselves have 925 stamp and should be of real 925 silver (they even have 365 day return option if you prove their jewelry is not made out of silver or have any other problem). I have also read some people never got their package from Soufeel, so I was kind of anxious when I made my order. To my surprise my package was sitting on my desk within a week! To prevent a possible scam, I have paid my package via PayPal which would enable me to get my money back in case something goes wrong.


Pandora is an European (Danish) company founded in 1982. They've became publicly acclaimed to the degree that they became the world's third-largest jewelry company in terms of sales, after Cartier and Tiffany & Co. In contrast, Soufeel is founded in 2011 in Hong Kong, China. I'd say they copied the idea from Pandora, but hey, many companies now offer the same package (even Fossil and Esprit). The main difference between the two seems to be the price! In truth, I have not noticed any difference so far between the two - no chipping, no fading, nothing. Everything is perfect!


So let's dig in my bracelet and all the charms I own... Below is my 59€ Pandora bracelet. It has two 'dividers' that divides the bracelet into three sections. Supposedly this helps to keep the bracelet preserved because it allows you to place the right amount of charms into each section keeping the overall balance. I find it in general nice and thoughtful - however I am 100% positive you'll not purchase 15 charms in one go just to keep 'the balance' of the bracelet intact.


So here are my Soufeel charms. I got myself a clip (I would have linked it, but seems to be gone from their webpage) - 15,95€; then a heart charm - 15,95€; then a flowery charm with blue stones - 15,95€; and a hanging fairy charm - 19,95€. In total my order was 67,80€ for four charms and I even got a pair of pearl earrings for free. I didn't have any shipping costs since my order was above 50€. Now this may seem a lot, but bear in mind that Pandora charms are way more expensive.





One thing I find important to say is that the Soufeel clip doesn't fit to the separator space on Pandora bracelet (as where the Pandora clips would normally fit). They have two rubber pieces with which they kling onto the bracelet and prevent the charms from freely slipping down.



Here are my Pandora charms. I do prefer them as they are all gifts from my loved ones and I have to admit I do find a slightest hint of satisfaction in owning authentic Pandora items. But, as indicated, they are much pricier. The ocean mosaic pave with mixed green crystals - 65.00€ and love & guidance - 49.00€ were gifts from my parents and my grandma (they've sent me some money from my birthday since we live in two different countries and I've picked those two charms to remind me of them). One symbolises the sea, which I adore and relate to our family vacations and the other symbolises love and protection which I always had from my family.  The graduation hat - 29.00€ I received for my PhD defense from my colleagues and the wise owl charm - 45.00€ from two of my close friends, also for my defense. The patterned lattice charm in the middle - 39.00€ I got from my boyfriend (we both liked the design) together with the bracelet and - lastly, the bird/dove charm - 39.00€ I got from my best friend (my surname means bird in one of the Croatian dialects, hence the bird). In total, this is 266.00€ without a bracelet and 325.00€ with a bracelet!



Although I know it is not nice to look up the prices of presents I've got, visiting the Pandora webpages so often made it impossible not to see the actual prices. For me the amount of money they cost is not important at all, as I really appreciate and cherish every single one of them. As I said, I sort of expected to get the bracelet from my boyfriend, but everything else came as a surprise (apart from the Soufeel charms) and I honestly like them so much and I want to wear them all the time!


With this I come to an end of this post. I hope you liked my little review of Pandora and Soufeel charms. Do you have any experience with Pandora or Soufeel? Do you own such bracelet? Let me know your thoughts on such jewelry below in the comment section.

Have a nice week ahead,
~Anelei

8 comments:

  1. your this collection is good but i did not like some items. thanks for sharing kinldy visit my blog My Pandora blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon. Pacific Pearls International

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    pandora bracelet charms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luxury is often associated with a heavy price tag or a high-end brand. Talisman is our attempt to change that. We have created luxury pieces at affordable prices that anyone can wear. To us, jewelry is a way of expressing yourself and everyone should get a chance to experience that. Simply put, think of Talisman as a design studio that offers YOU a unique space to create, innovate and be yourself. Let your jewelry speak for itself! Check out at Talisman Work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for newbie blog writers? I'd really appreciate it. women's luxury watches brands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article and information provided ..Indian youngsters are now so fashion and technology conscious so they are always looking for something new and want changes..that leads to create a wide market for fashion https://www.jignov.com/women/fashion-jewellery/ring.html.

    ReplyDelete